question

Constantine Kryvomaz avatar image
Constantine Kryvomaz asked

Architecture for external persistent server alongside session Playfab servers

Hello,

My goal is a multiplayer Collectible Card Game (CCG) with rogue-like open-world.
I need to have some persistent server (PS), external to Playfab. PS will manage world, database, communicate with some external payments providers, etc.
And then I need session-based PvP build on Unreal Engine server, wich will be created for 2 players and destroyed afterwards, with just sending results ot PS.
Pool of PvP servers is managed by Playfab, creating them on demand and then destroying.

So I already walked through docs, took a look into samples and sdk repo, googled examples, and so on. Still can't wrap my head, what is best (or any) way to implement this.
I found taht there is CloudScript feature, that makes kind of what I want, but it's JS, and I 'd like to avoid it.

Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

>> And then I need session-based PvP build on Unreal Engine server, wich will be created for 2 players and destroyed afterwards, with just sending results ot PS. Pool of PvP servers is managed by Playfab, creating them on demand and then destroying.

This part can be implemented by PlayFab Multiplayer Servers and PlayFab Matchmaking. PlayFab Multiplayer Servers have the Standby servers which can play the role of Pool of PvP servers. Server instance can be activated automatically by Matchmaking system, and it will be shut down after game is over. As for the result, you can send it to your PS directly before the server instance shut down.

>> I found taht there is CloudScript feature, that makes kind of what I want, but it's JS, and I 'd like to avoid it.

If you want to use CloudScript without JS, you can try CloudScript with Azure Functions(CSAF). Actually, the CloudScript classic has become a legacy feature, now, it is recommended to use CSAF. CSAF has the ability to write Cloudscript in C# as well as Javascript and the other supported Azure Functions languages.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Constantine Kryvomaz avatar image Constantine Kryvomaz commented ·

Super, thanks Gosen
Will take a look into CSAF.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.