question

Ayrton Olvera avatar image
Ayrton Olvera asked

Getting error 'Error: Failed to parse heartbeat' and the server gets stuck in 'Active' State

Hello! Recently my Unreal dedicated servers build are receiving this error: 'LogPlayFabGSDK: Error: Failed to parse heartbeat' which makes the server to stay in 'Active' state without even having a match or players inside, so the players can't connect anymore to that server.

For now I modified the GSDK to trigger the server shutdown whenever this error occurs, this way will create another instance of the server, the shutdown only happens if there are no players inside the server.

This only occurs now and then, specially when the server is recently deployed, but I'm really not sure why is this happening.

Thanks for the help!

unrealCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

I have checked the code where the error occurred. It is caused by the FJsonSerializer::Deserialize() mothod in FGSDKInternal::DecodeHeartbeatResponse(const FString& ResponseJson) has failed. The issue seems to be related to the Json data. Have you changed the heartbeat data that send to the GSDK? Could you please output the Json data to see if there is anything incorrect?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christian Casteel avatar image Christian Casteel commented ·

Also seeing this issue and it seems to randomly happen to just some deployments. Is there anymore information about it or a workaround?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.