question

Visual Engineering AS avatar image
Visual Engineering AS asked

Set one master admin for all groups

I'm trying to figure out how to set a Global Policy to make all players with certain role to be a "Master Admin" for all groups, being able to read and change data for all groups.

This is what that I had in mind:

{
    "Action": "Read",
    "Effect": "Allow",
    "Resource": "pfrn:group--group!*/Members/*",
    "Principal": {
      "ChildOf": {
        "EntityType": "title",
        "EntityId": "ABCDE"
      },
      "MemberOf": {
        "RoleId": "master_admins"
      }
    },
    "Comment": "Allow all players to read group members",
    "Condition": null
  },

But this policy will set everyone to be able to read any group members from any groups.

How do I make it so that only player with "master_admins" role can read the data?

Thank you.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

For your case, "ChildOf" applies to the entire title entity, and "MemberOf" applies to the current group. And only the first one work. You can try to give permission to RoleId - master_admins of the current group, and set your specified players as the master_admins of all group.

If you need PlayFab to provide a feature that can add administrator permissions for all groups to a custom role, you can try to add a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.