question

elian avatar image
elian asked

Not all my leaderboards were reset

Hi,

I've got many leaderboards in my app, 32 of which are set as "Reset weekly".
However, 6 of them were not reset this week (the night of sunday to monday, at 00:00). The 26 others have been reset properly.

This is a huge issue as the winners in each of these leaderboards is supposed to win a reward, and I was forced to reset the 6 leaderboards manually, at the wrong time, which means they are no longer accurate.

Is there any way to understand what happened ? How can I make sure this will not happen again next week ?

Leaderboards and Statistics
7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please provide your TitleId and the Leaderboard names of the leaderboards that didn't be reset correctly for our reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
elian avatar image elian Sarah Zhang commented ·

Hi,
Do you have any follow-up for my issue ? This just happened again tonight, this time with 9 of my leaderboards not resetting properly. I had to check my 32 leaderboards to verify them and reset manually those who weren't reset automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang elian commented ·

Thanks for your detailed information of Title Id and Leaderboard names. Our engineers are researching for it. We are update here if there is any progress.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hot Chai avatar image Hot Chai Sarah Zhang commented ·

Hi @Sarah Zhang, this has been going on for at least 3 weeks now. Can you let us know someone is working on a fix for this bug?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Hot Chai commented ·

Thanks for your report. Our team replied to you in another case. You can provide the Title Id there for our reference.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hot Chai avatar image Hot Chai commented ·

I'm having the same problem with my weekly reset leaderboards. I've had to manually reset 3/10 of them the last two weeks. Any solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
Hot Chai avatar image Hot Chai commented ·

I'm having the same problem with my weekly reset leaderboards. I've had to manually reset 3/10 of them the last two weeks. Any solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Trevethan avatar image
Brian Trevethan answered

Hello, I am the engineer that was looking into the issue of leaderboards not resetting. I have some good news! We're confident that we have identified and fixed the issue. We had a bug in a low-level data access library that made it so that we would only ever retrieve the first page of results for some database queries. For leaderboards, this meant that we reset all of the leaderboards in the first page of results, but none of the ones that would have been included in subsequent pages. This explains why some leaderboards were updating just fine and others were getting skipped. Also, since our code didn't encounter any failures at runtime then it explains why none of our monitoring alerted us to the issue. I'm going to go add some tests to try and catch something like this again. For now, I've got my fingers crossed that this Sunday night everything will work as intended again.

@elian, regarding your leaderboards that reset at around 2:45 AM UTC on Sunday. That is because it took me about 2 hours and 45 minutes to identify the leaderboards that were missed and then write up some code to go reset them. :) Hopefully, that won't happen again.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

elian avatar image elian commented ·

Hi,
This is great news, really happy to hear it!

Keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend then.

0 Likes 0 ·
elian avatar image
elian answered

Hi,
my TitleId is : 18B72

the leaderboards that weren't reset properly :

Competition_488EVO_PL_Android
Competition_488EVO_BG_iOS
Competition_488GTE_SK_Android
Competition_488GTE_CS_Android
Competition_FXXK_BG_Android
Competition_SF1000_SK_Androi

10 |1200

elian avatar image
elian answered

Quick update :

This week all my leaderboards were updated in the night from sunday to monday, however about a third of them were not updated around midnight, but around 2:45 AM. They are the following :

- Competition_488EVO_BG_iOS
- Competition_488EVO_CS_Android
- Competition_488EVO_PL_Android
- Competition_488GTE_CS_Android
- Competition_488GTE_SK_Android
- Competition_FXXK_BG_Android
- Competition_FXXK_CS_Android
- Competition_SF1000_PL_iOS
- Competition_SF1000_SK_Android

This is an improvement, but still a little bit confusing. Is this behavior expected, and does this mean it is how this will happen in the future? If so I will plan accordingly, otherwise I will wait for another update.

Thanks in advance.

1 comment
10 |1200

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Our engineering team is still working on the fix. Once this issue is resolved, there would be no such huge dalay.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.