question

sking avatar image
sking asked

Does my server need to use Admin API to get player EntityData?,Is the PlayFab Admin API what the server should use to retrieve client player data?

Hello,

I am responsible for doing the networking for our 1v1 pvp game.

My server needs the client EntityData from playfab so it can authoritatively instantiate their bits and send their info to participating clients. Is the Admin API the go to to achieve this? If so, does each client need to send their EntityKey to the server for it to retrieve their data?

Cheers! :D

Hello,

I am responsible for implementing the networking of a 1v1 pvp game.

Currently clients have their EntityData and could send it to the server, but this is client auth and I want server auth. I've been reading the docs, and it seems only 'Admins' have the right to retrieve EntityData. So does this mean I have to setup the server to login as an admin or whatever so that it can retrieve EntityData? If so, should clients be sending their EntityKey data to the server in order for it to make requests?

Cheers! :D

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

What do you mean by EntityData? Do you mean the Player Data, Entity Objects or Entity Files? Reading or writing these data does not require Admin API, you can use server APIs for Player Data and Data APIs for Entity Object/Files.

>>So does this mean I have to setup the server to login as an admin or whatever so that it can retrieve EntityData?

No, you can use your title secret key to call the server APIs.

>>should clients be sending their EntityKey data to the server in order for it to make requests?

Some APIs do take keys as request parameter. It is up to you to decide whether it should be your client or the server to provide the keys to call the APIs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sking avatar image sking commented ·

Ah yes, Player Data is what I meant sorry. Sounds straight forward. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.