question

Jose Jonatas avatar image
Jose Jonatas asked

Login with Facebook and Google is not calling the player_created event

I created a game to which I can login via Facebook and also via Google, however when I log in with Facebook or Google the rule that is configured in Playfab for the player_created event is not being executed. The player_created event rule is only executed when I log in with LoginWithCustomID.

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, only the registration of new accounts will generate the PlayStream event – player_created. It has nothing to do with the types of login APIs. It means, if you set the login API’s one parameter – CreateAccount as true and use this login API to register and log in a new account, the above event will be generated, otherwise, it won’t. Besides, please note, this event is only triggered once per publisher, not once per title.

Could you please clarify what your detailed requirements are? Would you like to trigger an action using the login events? If so, you can consider using the events player_logged_in instead of using the event player_created to let the rule work.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jose Jonatas avatar image Jose Jonatas commented ·
1 Like 1 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Jose Jonatas commented ·

Thanks for the detailed sample code. In our test, the API call of LoginWithFacebook for the newly created account can generate the event - player-created. We can't reproduced the issue you mentioned, could you please provide the TitleId for our reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Jonatas avatar image Jose Jonatas Sarah Zhang commented ·

my titleid 1B2EA

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jose Jonatas avatar image Jose Jonatas commented ·

Hello, both google login and facebook login already have this attribute (CreateAccount = true). I would like when creating a new account using google or facebook to trigger the player_created event, so that it would be possible to add standard items for new players.

0 Likes 0 ·
cmbr3.png (96.8 KiB)
txx6e.png (24.8 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.