question

ilkay Onder avatar image
ilkay Onder asked

couldn't find a tutorial about movement sync,how to make players see eachother?

When I watched photon realtime tutorials. Every tutorial taught me how to make players see each other and synchronize movement between clients. But when I look at the Playfab tutorials I couldn't find anything about synchronizing movement or instantiating players from the server. I use both unreal and unity, can anyone help me with that. Or Playfab has nothing to do with that?

Player Dataunity3dunrealCustom Game ServersCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab doesn’t provide movement sync or any other networking orientated libraries. GSDK is designed for server instance management as we don’t limit to a single networking framework, which also means you may implement any other solutions to your project. If it is Unity, you may try Mirror and there is an official sample from PlayFab -- MpsSamples/UnityMirror at master PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com).

Meanwhile Photon Multiplayer service already provides cloud environment, if you are considering using PlayFab for cloud environment and photon for networking, you may implement Photon Server SDK to your server build.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.