question

dipen avatar image
dipen asked

In Playfab is there any way I can copy login email to contact email or send custom email to login email or set contact email from server/admin?

Basically I want to send email to customers but it fails because all the user does not have contact email. And there is not automation process so that we can fill that. I just need to wait until all user login again.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

If you want to set up a ContactEmailAddress for player:

You can call AddOrUpdateContactEmail in the callback of RegisterPlayFabUser and pass in email as a parameter.

Or you can call GetPlayerProfile in the callback of LoginWithEmailAddress to check whether the ContactEmailAddress is set, if not, call AddOrUpdateContactEmail. To implement this feature, you need to check ContactEmailAddresses in Game Manager->Title settings->Client Profile Options.

If you want to get the user's login email:

You can set up a ScheduledTask (implemented by Azure Function) that applies to all players, and call GetUserAccountInfo to get the player's login email,and then you can store or do some processing you want.

You can refer to this thread Populate Contact Email field with Account Emails,Populate contact email field with account email address – Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.