question

ahmetselimtasaltin avatar image
ahmetselimtasaltin asked

Cloud Script Documentation/Registering Functions

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any more documentation or tutorial on cloud script. I did quite a search but I couldn't find any more than basic documentation. All documentation is for the old version and I can't even get to the coding screen. All I can do is to register or edit functions.

Best Regards Ahmet Selim.

CloudScriptdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As our blog - Announcing CloudScript using Azure Functions is now GA (playfab.com) said, the classic CloudScript is only available for the titles that are already using it. Currently, we would more suggest you use CSAF (CloudScript using Azure Functions) to run the cloud code instead of using CloudScript Classic. CSAF makes developing and operating your game easier. For summary, the CSAF supports to write the Cloudscript in C# as well as Javascript and the other supported Azure Functions languages, it supports to be debugged locally. You can write queued CloudScript using Azure functions, wait for it to complete asynchronously. And there are no limits to the number of API calls with Azure Function code. You can check the above blog and the documentation - PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more about which the key improvements it brings.

To learn about how to register the sample Azure Functions to your title, please check our getting started video and the documentation - PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions Quickstart Guide - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs for more information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jan Vacek avatar image
Jan Vacek answered

Thats true, Playfab is forcing us to use undocumented thing! I dont know why they want us to migrate javascript/typescript logic to new place even without SDK!!

1 comment
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We noticed you post another question to ask about the PlayFab Node.js SDK that can be used on CSAF. You can check the answer of that thread - Azure functions Typescript types (interfaces) - Playfab Community for more information.

0 Likes 0 ·
ahmetselimtasaltin avatar image
ahmetselimtasaltin answered

I am working on project ID: E7132, using Legacy system is much easier for me in my case. I am a newcomer and I just want to register a simple function!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.