question

Benjamin Bennett avatar image
Benjamin Bennett asked

Pricing Question About PlayFab Servers (Using Linux Instances)

I have a 1v1 player versus player game running on PlayFab multiplayer servers. The cost for a 2 core Dasv4 server is $.1003 per hour. Is that $.1003 per VM hour or per container hour?

If my VM can host 60 docker instances at a time and let's say at all 60 instances are active:

That could either be $.1003 for the hour or $6.018 for the hour. My game is going to launch pretty soon so have lots of stand-by servers for the initial rush is really important so I want to make sure I'm optimizing this correctly.

pricingmultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The cost is priced per VM hour, and it won’t change no matter how many containers are active in a VM instance. For the condition you mentioned, that will be $.1003 per hour.

For more information, please refer to Consumption pricing for PlayFab Multiplayer Servers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.