question

kenamarapala avatar image
kenamarapala asked

Global Statistics?

Is there some form of global statistic feature available to setup to allow all players to update the value, or anything similar to this idea?

For our use case, we're looking to implement a form of "Global Challenge" where all players are capable of contributing progress towards completing an objective, e.g. Kill 100,000 enemies, while also providing the current progress to players to view.

I have read similar threads posted a few years ago here stating no such feature exists yet and suggesting to use other services in combination with PlayStream events to do this, but I'm wondering if this is still our best option or if a feature has been released since.

Is there some form of global statistic available to setup to allow all players to update the value, or anything similar to this idea?

For our use case, we're looking to implement a form of "Global Challenge" where all players are capable of contributing progress towards completing an objective, e.g. Kill 100,000 enemies, while also providing the current progress to players to view.

I have read similar threads posted a few years ago here stating no such feature exists yet and suggesting to use other services in combination with PlayStream events to do this, but I'm wondering if this is still our best option or if a feature has been released since.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t provide such kind of feature. You still need an external Database or other services to implement it. I have found a similar feature request, you can vote for it. Getting sum of particular player statistic - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.