question

James Battersby avatar image
James Battersby asked

Friends List: Automatic friends, removal errors

I'm encountering a number of issues with the friends list management.

Firstly, it would appear that accounts are being added to each other's friend list automatically. I've noticed this with accounts that are friends on Steam. I'm not against this per se but is this expected behaviour? I haven't sent any AddFriend requests as of yet.

Regardless, when trying to remove this entry either via the client API or the dashboard, it fails (AccountNotFound on client (sent the PlayFabId) and a blank error on the dashboard). So, if it has been added automatically, it presumably hasn't been added completely - enough to appear in the GetFriendsList request but not enough for RemoveFriend.

I'm noticing this on my dev title (429FA) with accounts 588BAED7A29F0CA2 and 98664FFE05647526.

apisAccount ManagementFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

>> Firstly, it would appear that accounts are being added to each other's friend list automatically. I've noticed this with accounts that are friends on Steam. I'm not against this per se but is this expected behaviour? I haven't sent any AddFriend requests as of yet.

According to this document, it says that “In the event that a player has linked their Steam, Facebook, or Xbox Live account, their platform-specific friends can also be displayed, if those friends also play your title.” So it is an expected behavior.

>> So, if it has been added automatically, it presumably hasn't been added completely - enough to appear in the GetFriendsList request but not enough for RemoveFriend.

Steam friends is a field to record the friendship of Steam platform. Those friends are not added on PlayFab side. It is temporary and friends from external services will disappear once the access token is expired. So you can’t remove it, but you can decide whether to show it. API GetFriendList has a Boolean parameter named IncludeSteamFriends, it is by default set to true. If you don’t want to show Steam friends, you can set it to false.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.