question

Haris Sevinc avatar image
Haris Sevinc asked

Playfab and Photon Realtime

I read a lot of topics about playfab and photon realtime but its still not clear.

Im using UE4 for game development. I will use playfab for all other services like login, data, analytics etc. and i want use playfab realtime also but cant get clear about my scenario;

I want to create sessions on real-time server. As Co-op when player login, dedicated server should create a session and let the player play alone or with friends. ( like remnant : from the ashes )

Playfab real time can provide this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

PlayFab can work with Photon Realtime. For the details about how to implement a Photon Realtime server, please seek help from Photon.

You can also use the PlayFab Multiplayer server. PlayFab Multiplayer Servers (MPS) is a server hosting service optimized for games. And it is designed for session based games. You can also check this document for PlayFab MPS UE4 integration Integrating the PlayFab GSDK into Unreal Engine 4. If you have any further question on PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, you can post it in a new thread.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Haris Sevinc avatar image Haris Sevinc commented ·

Thanks for your reply Rick. I just want to learn at all,

for creating sessions in dedicated server should i use;

PlayFab Online Subsystem or matchmaking system or should i use both? Im confused about this two services

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Haris Sevinc commented ·

The PlayFab Online Subsystem service is designed for communication in games. For hosting multiplayer game sessions, you can refer to this document PlayFab Multiplayer server. The Matchmaking service provides a way to match the players together, but you need to connect the players into the game server. You can use the PlayFab Multiplayer server and matchmaking service together. Please refer to this document: Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.