question

Ayrton Olvera avatar image
Ayrton Olvera asked

UE4 Dedicated server state bouncing between Initializing and StandingBy

Hello! I have uploaded my ue4 dedicated servers to PlayFab, but I see on the PlayStream and in the Multiplayer section that the state of the server changes very often from Initializing and StandingBy and vice versa, the server starts on a 'Lobby' where players are only spawned and they can walk, after two or more players connects it sends them to another map.

In this lobby map I don't call any GSDK, neither when the players are connected or the server has been initialized, is there any way to make the StandingBy state consistent? Also I think this is generating large matching times from 1 to 2 minutes.

Thank you in advance!

unrealCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

We never transition the server to Initializing after it's been set to StandingBy. Most probably the server is crashing (or is exiting) when it transitions to standingBy, so we cleanup the server and create a new one. Have you checked the logs? Have you tried running the server with LocalMultiplayerAgent to verify proper GSDK integration?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.