question

hpfan1516@gmail.com avatar image
hpfan1516@gmail.com asked

CloudScript Missing Overview and Revisions,Missing Cloudscript Overview (Legacy) and Revisions (Legacy) tabs

Basically the title. I have one Title that works with the CloudScript and has the Overview and Revisions tabs, but in my new Title, they are missing. I have no idea what happened or why. Any help is appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I am very new to CloudScript, and am in a class that follows a tutorial requiring the "Revisions (Legacy)" tab.

I have a Title where when I went to "Automation", there were three tabs, "Functions", "Overview (Legacy)", and "Revisions (Legacy)". The CloudScripting went fine. So I made a new title for the next school project.

Under the "Automation" tab, "Functions" is there, but "Overview (Legacy)" and "Revisions (Legacy)" are both missing. I don't know what to do, and can't seem to find any solutions online.

Thank you in advance for any help.

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Here is the latest blog about CloudScript: Announcing CloudScript using Azure Functions is now GA (playfab.com). CloudScript classic has become a legacy feature, it will remain available for titles that are already using it. But for the title which is newly created, you could use Azure Functions.

Check out our overview video and quickstart guide to get started with Azure Functions.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Already using it means you should have your own revision of CloudScript before the announcement. If you've already used Legacy Cloud Script before, but also can't see the Overview and Revisions tab in your title, please don't hesitate to let us know!

0 Likes 0 ·
Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

And what happens if a studio saw success with one of their existing titles and they want to clone and reskin it? They have to re-write their back-end just because? Does this sound reasonable?

0 Likes 0 ·
Miguel Cuenca avatar image
Miguel Cuenca answered

Yesterday I uploaded and executed my functions on the "Revisions (Legacy)" tab, and they worked perfectly.

Today, I woke up and the tab is missing, and the functions I used yesterday are not working. I guess that my title didn't count as "already using it"?.

Yesterday I uploaded and executed my functions on the "Revisions (Legacy)" tab, and they worked perfectly.

Today I wake up with that tab missing and the functions are not working, so I guess my title didn't count as "already using it"?.

4 comments
10 |1200

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

I am sorry that you are right. Until November 11, 2021,only titles which have already used it can continue to use it. For the titles which are created after the blog publishing, they are not counted as “already using it”. But you can use Azure Function as a workaround, as I’ve mentioned above. If you are in the paid tier, you can submit a ticket on this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
ayoub-alaoui-kadiri avatar image ayoub-alaoui-kadiri Gosen Gao commented ·

Hi @Gosen Gao , My project was created a month ago way before 11/11, yet you disabled it for me , the title id : 4DD7B

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao ayoub-alaoui-kadiri commented ·

Have you created your own revision? "Already using it" means that beside the basic revision, you have at least one custom revision in your title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.