question

te la avatar image
te la asked

How much is the Profile Read meter cost of Profile/GetProfiles?

Dear Developers,

I would like to retrieve the names and representative character IDs of 25 people at a time by the Profile/GetProfiles API.

I plan to do so when displaying the group's application list, invitation list, members list, and friend list.

I have referred to the following page.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/46500/how-do-we-get-the-profile-data-of-each-member-in-t.html

Please let me know the following two points.

1. When I get 25 title_player_account profiles by GetProfiles, is the Profile Read meter cost the same as when I get only 1 profile? If not, how much?
  2. When I get 25 title_player_account profiles by GetProfiles, are there any factors that affect the price, such as higher meter consumption?

Thanks in advance!

entitiespricing
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

te la avatar image te la commented ·

(additional information)

I use SetObjects to set the player name and some player-specific public information into the title_player_account entity object.

I've already succeeded in getting those data by GetProfiles.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> When I get 25 title_player_account profiles by GetProfiles, is the Profile Read meter cost the same as when I get only 1 profile? If not, how much?

For clarification, the logic of evaluating the usage of Events also applies evaluating your usage of Profile, each 1 KB increases the meter count by 1. And for Profile Reads, this 1 KB calculation applies to the total data returned, regardless of the number of key value pairs. This means that writing 10 keys of 100 bytes each is 10 "ticks" of the profile write meter, since each key value pair write is a minimum of 1 KB, while a read of those 10 keys is 1 "tick", since it's a total of 1 KB. For more specific details on the usages, see Pricing meters.

So, generally, the meter of getting 25 title_player_account profiles will be higher than getting 1 profile via calling GetProfiles, unless the latter has a larger amount of profile data.

>> When I get 25 title_player_account profiles by GetProfiles, are there any factors that affect the price, such as higher meter consumption?

The pricing will depend on your subscription plan and the meter. Please check the pricing page - Pricing (playfab.com) and the documentations - Billing Summary + Base Rate - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, Development Mode - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn about the base rate of every plan and how we will charge you for the additional usage.

As the first answer said, the meter of Profile reads will only be affected by the total amount of the data you read monthly. You can read this documentation - PlayFab Consumption Best Practices - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, spetically this section - Data and Statistics for the details of the best practice to reduce the consumption.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

takanoriuzuka avatar image takanoriuzuka commented ·
@Sarah Zhang

Thank you very much for your reply!

I have checked all the links you gave me.

Let me ask a similar question.

I use the following APIs to get the Player's UserReadOnlyData, UserInventory, and UserVirtualCurrency together.

• GetPlayerCombinedInfo
  • Login APIs with GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams

Since these are also Profile Reads, is the cost calculated by the total data size returned?

0 Likes 0 ·
takanoriuzuka avatar image takanoriuzuka takanoriuzuka commented ·

@Sarah Zhang

Hello, Could you please answer the above question?

Perhaps I should re-post this as a separate question?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.