question

Mikhail Yefremov avatar image
Mikhail Yefremov asked

Unable to run photon bolt server on playfab

We deployed sample from https://github.com/BoltEngine/Bolt-Sample/tree/master/PlayFab (its base unity headless server).

Status of build is deployed and we have 1 active server. But client don't see any bolt game session. When I try to connect to server via RDP and directly run build from command line I take the error:

Environment variable GSDK_CONFIG_FILE not defined

What I do wrong?

photon
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

This is a repository maintained by Photon. I am not sure of GSDK version of it. Please re-import the GSDK from gsdk/UnityGsdk at master PlayFab/gsdk GitHub and also refer Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to integrate GSDK.

Before you upload the server build, please locally debug the server build in both process mode and container mode. You may refer to Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

you need to integrate with our Game Server SDK before you use PlayFab Multiplayer Servers Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mikhail Yefremov avatar image Mikhail Yefremov commented ·

I cannot find API with this signature:

GameserverSDK.Start();
GameserverSDK.ReadyForPlayers();

Is this a correct to use this code instead? (Exactly as in Photon sample)

PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.Start();
PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.ReadyForPlayers();
0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios Mikhail Yefremov commented ·

correct, feel free to use this project as a guidance MpsSamples/UnityMirror/UnityServer at master PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.