question

levet-jerome avatar image
levet-jerome asked

Docker image cleaning

Hello there,

I have an app using Multiplayer servers, running Dockerised Linux containers.
Is there a way to list the different images, and remove them?

I am currently running some

docker login -u login -p password repo
docker build -t repo/imagename:version .
docker push repo/imagename:version

But it will quickly become a mess with every test-dev images/builds.

is there a way to docker rm ? to be able to clean old images?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Clay Fowler avatar image
Clay Fowler answered

Those API's allow us to list tags and untag images, but how do we delete them without deleting the entire repository?

10 |1200

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

We try to follow the same naming patterns as Azure Container Registry. In this case, the place that holds all your images is called the "Registry", which each individual image (with individual name) is called "Repository" (About registries, repositories, images, and artifacts - Azure Container Registry | Microsoft Docs)

So, if you want to delete the image customerXXXXX.azurecr.io/my_image, you should use the Delete Container Image Repository API.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.