question

norbert avatar image
norbert asked

,Give users items/bundles automatically when account is created

I'm trying to give some starting items/bundles to every user when they are created. We are trying to avoid a cloudscript call, as it is not always reliable. I also need to add some custom data to the item instance after it has been added to the player's inventory.

Is there a way to achieve this purely via playfab?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joshua Strunk avatar image Joshua Strunk commented ·

I am not aware of a way to achieve all of what you hope to achieve without cloudscript. I am confused what about cloudscript is not reliable enough for this use case.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can add items to the player account using a PlayStream Action trigger (using the player_added_title event), but there isn't currently a way to set arbitrary data on the item in the Grant operation. So while that would need to be a CloudScript operation (or custom game server call), you could also trigger that in PlayStream, using the player_inventory_item_added event.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

norbert avatar image norbert commented ·

Thank you for your answer, we will stick to our current implementation in that case :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.