question

Maxim Bondarenko avatar image
Maxim Bondarenko asked

UpdateCharacterReadOnlyData problem

Hello, I'm calling UpdateCharacterReadOnlyData via CloudScript, for updating "EXP" data on character. After a while, the EXP value stops being updated, while no errors are returned to the server, only succesfull calbacks. But when I go to Overview on CLoudScripts, I see that there are a lot of execution errors.

Here is the C# code:

PlayFabServerAPI.ExecuteCloudScript(new ExecuteCloudScriptServerRequest()
    {
        FunctionName = "UpdateCharacterReadOnlyData",
        FunctionParameter = new Dictionary<string, string>
        {
                { "characterID", characterData.CharacterID }, { "key", data.Key }, { "value", data.Value } } ,PlayFabId = characterData.PlayfabID
     }

Here is CLoudScript:

handlers.UpdateCharacterReadOnlyData = function (args, context) 
{
     var writeToServer = {};
      writeToServer[args.key] = args.value; 
    var result =  server.UpdateCharacterReadOnlyData({
      "CharacterId": args.characterID,
      "PlayFabId": currentPlayerId,
      "Data" :writeToServer
    });
}

What could be the reason and how to see what these errors are if errorcallbacks are not returned in response to execution? Thanks.

UPD: I tried to make the minimum data update time 1 minute and the problem with saving data is gone. So there is a limit on updating one record for one character ? Because other records updated less frequently were recorded normally, while EXP could not be updated for up to 30 minutes.

CloudScriptCharacter Data
1errs.png (43.5 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I have your title ID? To be clear, for client API, there is upper bound limit of 100 calls per 2 minutes. However, this limit won't be applied to Server API. I will look into the error logs on the backend of your title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Maxim Bondarenko avatar image Maxim Bondarenko Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Our title ID is 96E0C

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have checked your title. The error is simply DataUpdateRateExceeded: TooManyRequests. Meanwhile there haven't been any similar errors during the last 7 days. May I ask have you solved this issue?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maxim Bondarenko avatar image Maxim Bondarenko commented ·

The frequency of data updates has been reduced. At the moment, we also do not observe errors

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Maxim Bondarenko commented ·

Thanks for the updates. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.