question

Pramod Kumar Jaiswal avatar image
Pramod Kumar Jaiswal asked

ClientRPC call is not getting received by the Clients but working fine on the Local Debugging Server setup

I am making a headless Server using MLAPI.
The problem I am facing here is that when the Server is trying to send a ClientRpc message to the Clients, the clients are either not receiving the Rpc calls or they are not responding to the RPC's call but when I have setup the local debugging server (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab) it is working fine and all the Rpc's are being send and being received from the Clients and Server but on Playfab server it not behaving the same as local server.
when I have backtracked the logs files from the server i found that the last debug was ClientRpc call.
I have also implemented GSDK in the project

Is there anything I am missing for implementing the headless server.
Please help, thanks in advance .

I am also attaching the screenshot of my MLAPI configuration screenshot-2021-11-02-182833.pngscreenshot-2021-11-02-182853-li.jpg

multiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

This issue can be caused by the port configuration. When you are locally testing the build, is it run in process mode or container mode? How do you set up the port configuration.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Pramod Kumar Jaiswal avatar image
Pramod Kumar Jaiswal answered

Hello @SethDu,
When i am running in local then it is running on process mode.
Whereas for the port configuration for the local server i am using 56001 and for the playfab server configuration part i have used 7777-upd

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I don't see the IP address and port configuration in your screenshot. Are you using the ports that returned from PlayFab API? Azure cloud will automatically do the mapping and if you hard-coded 56001 and 7777 in Unity, it won't connect.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pramod Kumar Jaiswal avatar image Pramod Kumar Jaiswal Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hie @SethDu,
For the server build that i have uploaded on the playfab server i have used the port address 7777 and ip address :127.0.0.1
And for the client build i am using the Ip address and Port number that is being provided by the Playfab server API.
And for local testing purpose i have provided ip address:127.0.0.1 and port number 56001 for both Client and Server build.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Pramod Kumar Jaiswal commented ·

Are you sending message from Server to Client? The port is what you define in Game Manager. However, the client IP address is not 127.0.0.1. To get client IP address, the client should send a message and so that the server can echo back to the client.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.