question

mr22120237 avatar image
mr22120237 asked

Prevent multiple login again......

I know that Brendan's cloudscript solution, but please correct me if I am wrong.

After I noticed there will be a huge extra bills on execute cloudscript , I remove it. Because I am just an Indie-Game developer , but over 700,000 players in my country only for now (without backend service)

I can't imagine how much extra bills will it cause by only one fuction "prevent multiple login".... (and maybe how lag will it be to check every minutes?)

I know Playfab is design for multiple login , but I don't think any game's backend is design to allow multiple login.

If anyone is confused by this and and can't find solustion(almost 6 years) , Please go vote here : https://community.playfab.com/idea/46902/prevent-concurrent-logins.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

There is currently still no official feature can prevent players from logging into their accounts on multiple windows at the same time. The workaround you mentioned is still a recommend method to implement this feature. If you want the native support of this feature, you can vote the idea you mentioned and keep an eye on our blog for the latest updates.

Besides, there is no indie price tier now. Please check our documentation - Transitioning to Modern Pricing - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, Account Upgrades - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn about our current pricing plans. And you can check the pricing page - Pricing (playfab.com) to compare features to see which plan fits best for you. A suitable pricing plan may reduce your costs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mr22120237 avatar image mr22120237 commented ·

Thanks for replying.

I have already checked pricing and ready to use "Standard Plan" in beginning . As a free-to-play game , the bills from Photon now has made me hard.

Anyway , still look forward to official feature.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.