question

zachar avatar image
zachar asked

LoginWithCustomIDResult returning "Request Timeout or null response"

HI!

I have a problem with LoginWithCustomIDResult as it is still returning "Request Timeout or null response". Unfortunately I believe it's still not well documented. Can someone help me and tell what I am missing? Here is the code below:

PlayFabClientAPI = IPlayFabModuleInterface::Get().GetClientAPI();
if (PlayFabClientAPI.IsValid())
{	
	PlayFab::ClientModels::FLoginWithCustomIDRequest request;
	request.CreateAccount = true;	
	request.TitleId = TEXT("82FFB");
	request.CustomId = UserId.ToString();		
	bool bResult = PlayFabClientAPI->LoginWithCustomID(request);
}

Thanks in advance for any help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It seems to be local ISP or your network environment. You may use tools like Fiddler to capture packets for analysis or simply call login API in Postman (REST) SDK - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to see if this issue can be reproduced.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zachar avatar image zachar commented ·

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately it's not clear how to use POstMan with LoginWithCustomID.
I was able to get EntityToken with PostMan but no luck with LoginWithCustomID.
When in Body tab I choose 'raw' and fill the request fields like this:

1. {
  2. "CustomId":"MyCustomID",
  3. "CreateAccount":true,
  4. "TitleId":"82FFB"
  5. }

I get error message "Request HTTP header: \"Content-Type: text/plain\" does not match required value: application/json". But I don't know how to send this request with Postman otherwise. I would appreciate any description how to do that for this request

0 Likes 0 ·
zachar avatar image
zachar answered

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately it's not clear how to use it with LoginWithCustomID.
I was able to get EntityToken with PostMan but no luck with LoginWithCustomID.
When in Body tab I use raw and fill request fields like this:

{
  "CustomId": "MyCustomID",
  "CreateAccount": true,
  "TitleId": "82FFB"
}

I get error message "Request HTTP header: \"Content-Type: text/plain\" does not match required value: application/json". But I don't know how to send this request with Postman otherwise. I would appreciate any description how to do that for this request

3 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The error message is straightforward, besides of HTTP body, you need to configure the HTTP header. We have a Postman collection, please find it on Quickstart PlayFab REST API collection for Postman - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Jordan avatar image Brian Jordan Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I get the same error with the latest Postman v2 collection. It appears the headers section is empty on e.g. GetEntityToken's entry - possibly an encoding issue with the template?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Brian Jordan commented ·

It is an issue that has been reported recently. As a workaround, would you try to manually convert the v1 collection then import?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.