question

Marc avatar image
Marc asked

Is CloudScript being retired?!

My team has just made the very concerning discovery (out of the blue) that the overview and revisions for CloudScript are suddenly called "Legacy".

Can you please elaborate PlayFab's plans and timeline for the future of CloudScript?

Having a live product in the market and spotting a fundamental change like this by pure chance is very concerning. We are not in a position to convert all of our functionality over to Azure functions.

CloudScript
13 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Timothy Mironenko avatar image Timothy Mironenko commented ·

Wow that doesn't look good at all

0 Likes 0 ·
Frank Slofstra avatar image Frank Slofstra commented ·

Yes, I was also surprised to see it this morning.. I did not see any mention about it anywhere before.

What's the best place to keep up to date about those kind of upcoming changes?

0 Likes 0 ·
ayoub-alaoui-kadiri avatar image ayoub-alaoui-kadiri commented ·

@Rick Chen Hi Rick , but why would you remove cloud script Legacy from a project already using it , like mine: 4DD7B, and we were supposed to launch it days ago, and we can't change our functionality to Azure functions , Help !

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ ayoub-alaoui-kadiri commented ·

Sorry for the inconvenience! I can confirm you've used Legacy Cloud Script before. I will inform our engineering team to re-enable it for title 4DD7B.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ ayoub-alaoui-kadiri commented ·

Legacy Cloud Script is enabled for title 4DD7B, please have a check.

0 Likes 0 ·
ericadolphe avatar image ericadolphe commented ·

Hello @Rick Chen, we have a live app and this change introduced two bugs. Our app isn't working now and we are getting customer complaints B95FB. We have been unable to resolve this problem and need assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ ericadolphe commented ·

Sorry for the inconvenience! I can confirm you've used Legacy Cloud Script before. I will inform our engineering team to re-enable it for title B95FB.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ ericadolphe commented ·

Legacy Cloud Script is enabled for title B95FB, please have a check.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Liew avatar image Michael Liew JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Hi Playfab team @Jay Zuo, Pls enable Legacy CloudScript for below titles :

BC0DB , 734A9 , 5A475

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wojciech Pander avatar image Wojciech Pander commented ·

Hi @Jay Zuo @Rick Chen could you please enable Revisions for the title 9E28A as well? We have created game using our own studio with revisions pipeline (as Function were marked as "Preview" when we started and exited preview way after point we could switch) and now we need to transfer whole project to the client's newly created studio and title. But we cannot move revisions. Please help, we cannot rewrite hold thing using Functions on such short notice!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tom avatar image
Tom answered

@Jay Zuo @Rick Chen @Brendan

Please enable for our production TitleId: 2F80F

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Visual Engineering AS avatar image
Visual Engineering AS answered

Hi Playfab team @Rick Chen @Brendan,

Can you please enable Legacy CloudScript Revisions for Title ID 96F9E?

We have been using Revisions for our previous Title 6E212, and we plan to clone the exact same Title setup to another new Title with a different database, but we realized that it has been changed to Azure Functions. We tried that and apparently we will need to rewrite the whole thing again in Azure Functions, including calls from both Unity and our site, which will take way too much production hours as we plan to launch our product and website soon.

Please do help with this. Thank you very much.

10 |1200

Mena Raouf avatar image
Mena Raouf answered

Hi Playfab team @Brendan @Jay Zuo @Rick Chen, Can you please enable Legacy CloudScript for below titles :

8A322, DAA82, EE7E0

I have been using it for my title ID: 16094 and its sufficient for my needs and cant really understand Azure functions yet ...small solo dev here

Many thanks in advance

10 |1200

Denzie Gray avatar image
Denzie Gray answered

@Rick Chen You mention that we can still use JavaScript but the links on MSDN show only C#.
Where can we find JS examples for Azure Functions?

10 |1200

Peter Wiseman avatar image
Peter Wiseman answered

Do Playfab Azure Functions cost money to use ? I'm looking for an alternative to GameSparks so I'm trying out PlayFab for the first time and need to know whether I can still use Legacy CloudScript without the fear of it disappearing in the future. I don't have any problem using Playfab Azure Functions but something I read in the docs makes me think I'll get charged more money for using it. The PlayFab pricing structure has already become very complicated and almost impossible to predict how much a game on this platform will cost me to run so I don't need to have to worry about even more fees if I use Azure Functions. I'd rather just use the Legacy CloudScript if I can assured of future support ?

1 comment
10 |1200

jan-halamicek avatar image jan-halamicek commented ·

Yes, would like to see this clarified also. I am ok with re-learning yet another feature which worked in past over again, but need to be sure its not counterproductive.

UPDATE: I think I found the answer.And the answer is YES. You pay more money when using Azure (which is so much endorsed by Payfab) than by just using cloud script. Thats bad news... For small devs like me its a decision of spend time learning new stuff to do things that I already solved how to do in past and as a reward I will pay more money....seems like a great deal! :D .https://community.playfab.com/questions/57142/how-much-does-playfab-and-azure-functions-cost.html .

1 Like 1 ·
Rintje Straver avatar image
Rintje Straver answered

Is there an end date for the Legacy CloudScript?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.