question

therealjoeyj avatar image
therealjoeyj asked

Is it possible to authenticate to the PlayFab Log Analytics via an AAD App instead of username/password?

We are using Grafana Cloud as our central location for all telemetry and it supports Log Analytics but only via an AAD App with Client Secret. Is it possible to setup an AAD App with permissions to the Log Analytics Workspace?

Authenticationanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

PlayFab supports using Grafana along with Insights. For more details, please see Connecting Grafana to Insights - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

therealjoeyj avatar image therealjoeyj commented ·

I'm unable to add a custom role to the AAD App.
Error: Email address is required.,Email address must be a valid email address.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You could use AAD Authentication for Playfab Game Manager. Follow this document to create a new AAD user.

1 comment
10 |1200

therealjoeyj avatar image therealjoeyj commented ·

I get this error when I try login in with an AAD user I invited:

IDX21323: RequireNonce is '[PII is hidden]'. OpenIdConnectProtocolValidationContext.Nonce was null, OpenIdConnectProtocol.ValidatedIdToken.Payload.Nonce was not null. The nonce cannot be validated. If you don't need to check the nonce, set OpenIdConnectProtocolValidator.RequireNonce to 'false'. Note if a 'nonce' is found it will be evaluated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.