question

grahams avatar image
grahams asked

Errors when connecting to Playfab Party,Error when trying to create a network for a new session

Hello, this issue is regarding the title "Nobody Saves the World: Demo" with ID: 3ECEC

We've been using Playfab Party for months now in our development sandbox for the full game (Nobody Saves the World), and it's been working well.

Recently we were invited to create a demo of our game for the upcoming Game Fest Demo Event (December 3rd - 14th). We need to submit this demo to certification NEXT WEEK, so time is pretty tight. We've tried setting up a new Playfab Party configuration for our demo, but when trying to make calls to playfab from the demo code, we're getting the following errors when we try to create a network for our session:

Error: ( SystemOnlineSessionXBOne::DoPumpPlayFab ) CreateNewNetworkCompleted: FAIL: The title has not been configured properly in the Party portal

Error: ( SystemOnlineSessionXBOne::DoPumpPlayFab ) ErrorDetail: this title is not enabled for PlayFab Party use. Check the PlayFab game manager portal

As far as we can tell, our setup for the demo and for the full game seem to be identical on developer.playfab.com and so we're confused as to why we're seeing these errors for the demo but not for the full game. Can you please advise? Maybe there's a setup step that we missed or something you might need to do on your end?

I was also wondering if you could advise what the process is for when the demo goes live on December 3rd? E.g., currently the configuration on Playfab says "Development" and we're not sure how or if it should eventually say "Retail" on or before the demo release date?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Have you added a credit card to your title? To be clear, you can test most of the features in your title without any fee in development mode, but if you navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Multiplayer] -> [Party], you will need to add a credit card to enable this feature in your title. Please also refer to PlayFab Party Pricing - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to review the cost before you enable Party.

0 Likes 0 ·
grahams avatar image
grahams answered

Hi @SethDu we've managed to get the issue resolved by having our Microsoft contact reach out to Playfab support engineers on our behalf. The errors are no longer occurring this morning.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

grahams avatar image
grahams answered

Hello @SethDu. We have entered our credit card information and hit the "Enable Party" button. The issue persists.

The issue does not occur if we point our demo to use our full game playfab configuration. However, we don't believe that this is a safe thing for us to do, as the demo will be going live months before the full game.

Can you please advise what else might be causing these errors? Please note that we are under a time pressure for this, as we are required to submit this demo to certification next week and have not been able to connect players to test multiplayer. If we cannot resolve this issue by Monday we will be required to disable multiplayer in our demo.

1 comment
10 |1200

Hi, I have checked your title and it seems Party is enabled and in the Party page, there are 5 created parties during the last 24 hours. May I ask do you still have this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
grahams avatar image
grahams answered

Hi @SethDu. Yes the issue is still happening as I described. It seems like we are in opposite time zones (as I'm only getting one response per day) so in the interest of trying to save time resolving this issue, I'm going to give you as much info as I can here now.

In our demo Playfab setup (ID = 3ECEC) new parties are being created (visible in the online portal) but Network creation always fails.

In our full game setup, with our main game ID, we get the following output when creating a network:

CreateLocalUser with entityId DA301BF7B7A94909

RegionsChanged

CreateNewNetworkCompleted: SUCCESS

CreateNewNetworkCompleted: EntityId: DA301BF7B7A94909

ConnectToNetworkCompleted: SUCCESS

NetworkConfigurationMadeAvailable

InvitationCreated

---

With our demo ID, we get the following output (which I previously shared):

CreateLocalUser with entityId 4CD97F57221FB924

RegionsChanged

Error: ( SystemOnlineSessionXBOne::DoPumpPlayFab ) CreateNewNetworkCompleted: FAIL: The title has not been configured properly in the Party portal

Error: ( SystemOnlineSessionXBOne::DoPumpPlayFab ) ErrorDetail: this title is not enabled for PlayFab Party use. Check the PlayFab game manager portal

---

The error structure we get says the title isn't enabled for party:

result 0x000001f187d95c00

+ Party::PartyStateChange {stateChangeType=CreateNewNetworkCompleted (2) } Party::PartyStateChange result TitleNotEnabledForParty (8) Party::PartyStateChangeResult errorDetail 4230 unsigned int localUser 0x1598e3dccad784a4 {...} Party::PartyLocalUser *

+ networkConfiguration {maxUserCount=8 maxDeviceCount=8 maxUsersPerDeviceCount=1 ...} Party::PartyNetworkConfiguration regionCount 0 unsigned int

+ regions 0x000001f187deb250 {regionName=0x000001f187deb250 "7ce3faba-be7c-49f7-9... roundTripLatencyInMilliseconds=...} const Party::PartyRegion * asyncIdentifier 0x0000000000000000 void *

+ networkDescriptor {networkIdentifier=0x000001f187d95c48 "de4ddd7a-3642-40ca-915d-4fe99cc63983" regionName=0x000001f187d95c6d "" ...} Party::PartyNetworkDescriptor

+ appliedInitialInvitationIdentifier 0x000001f187deb250 "7ce3faba-be7c-49f7-9989-f1780041d6c2" const char *

---

The config set to CreateNewNetwork is just plain vanilla:

cfg.maxDeviceCount = 8;

cfg.maxDevicesPerUserCount = 1;

cfg.maxEndpointsPerDeviceCount = 1;

cfg.maxUserCount = 8;

cfg.maxUsersPerDeviceCount = 1;

cfg.directPeerConnectivityOptions = Party::PartyDirectPeerConnectivityOptions::None;

---

It seems like with the new id:

1) We can login

2) We can create a party (according to the online tool - as you noted)

3) We cannot complete connection to the party.

So it seems that there's something in the config that isn't set up properly. But as far as we can tell, the setup seems the same as our working "full game" playfab setup, and since we can actually connect the demo to the full version playfab setup (and it works) we believe there must be an issue with the demo playfab setup.

I'll also note that all of this is happening using only Xbox live accounts on Xbox.

As I mentioned in my last message, if this is not fixed by Monday we're going to need to strip networking support out of our demo. This would be really bad for the project, as multiplayer is an important component, so I really hope that we can get this resolved before then. If there's anything you can do to escalate the issue on your end, that would be appreciated.

1 comment
10 |1200

I am not sure if there is anything else to be configured on Xbox portal, I don't see any related issues based on your API behavior in PlayFab backend. May I ask are you able to submit a support ticket? Because of SLA agreement, one of our support engineers will provide private technical assistance to this issue in time. Otherwise, you may also contact Xbox support and due to NDA, xbox related questions are not allowed to be discussed in this forum publicly. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.