question

Matthew avatar image
Matthew asked

Historical data of Rank

Let me ask you about the design of the app on PlayFab.

My game type is an online competitive action game like Fortnite.

In this game, players are ranked according to the outcome of the game match. And this rank system needs to be the season rank with a limited duration. It will be reset regularly. To implement such season rankings, I create a new Statistics, for example this name would be" SeasonLeaderboad " and reset the Value at the beginning of the season. I use "Scheduled Tasks" , Also use "Statistics reset". Players will want to see historical data.

The questions are as follows:

- How should I keep past rank results, like Season_2021_Oct, Season_2021_Sep?

- Does it require an external data service or should I use PlayerData (Title)?

- It is practically impossible to have a lot of statistics. (Because there is a limit of 300)

PlayFab上のアプリの設計について、あなたに、質問させてください。 ゲームの種類は、フォートナイトのようなオンライン対戦アクションゲームです。このゲームでは、プレイヤーは、ゲーム試合の勝敗の結果によりランクが決まります。 そして、このランクはシーズンランクです。それは定期的にリセットされます。上記の実装をするために、わたしは、新しいStatistics" をつくります。例えばこの名前は"SeasonLeaderboad"でしょう。そして、シーズンの初めにValueをリセットします。 私は"スケジュールされたタスク"を使い、"Statisticsリセット機能" も使う。 質問は以下の通り わたしはどのようにして過去のランク結果を保持するべきですか プレイヤーたちは過去のデータを見たいでしょう それは、外部のデータサービスを必要としますか、それとも、PlayerData(Title)を使うべきですか? 統計値をたくさんもつことは、現実的には不可能です。(最大300の制限があるため)

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

- How should I keep past rank results, like Season_2021_Oct, Season_2021_Sep?

You can get previous version of Leaderboard by API GetLeaderboard. But account in free tier can only access to the current and last version. But you can increase the number of versions you can get in Enterprise tier.

- Does it require an external data service or should I use PlayerData (Title)?

Using PlayerData(Title) to store the historical data may cause other issues. Every time the Leaderboard resets, you need to write that data into PlayerData(Title) for every player. That’s a lot of API calls, may trigger the request limit(100 calls per 2 minutes). Using an external database to store the leaderboard version is a good solution.

- It is practically impossible to have a lot of statistics. (Because there is a limit of 300)

For account in free tier, Statistics have a limit of 300. If you have the requirement of more Statistics, We can work with you on having custom limits in Enterprise tier.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matthew avatar image
Matthew answered

Thank you! Gosen.
It is great to handle version on enterprise tier.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.