question

Alexander Paul avatar image
Alexander Paul asked

playfab not authorized to perform action on given paypal account although it was working fine and I have not changed anything

We use the paypal add-on and everything was working. Already tried purchases etc. I did not make any changes to it and now i get the error "playfab not authorized to perform action on given paypal account".

I even tried to remove the playfab api in my paypal account and added it again - still not working. Since Paypal obviously gives playfab the permission, is there any bug on your side?

Please help asap. thanks

apis
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

simplestar game avatar image simplestar game commented ·

Same situation here. I was able to use the service until 10/16, but today I found that I cannot proceed to PayPal payment.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul simplestar game commented ·

Hi there. Thanks for the info and "great" to hear. I have just contacted paypal and I am waiting for their response but I cant really imagine that its an issue on paypal's end. It's the worst timing but I hope it gets resolved quickly since everything was working fine like on your end

0 Likes 0 ·
simplestar game avatar image simplestar game Alexander Paul commented ·

I called the PayPal support center today. They confirmed that no history was created to my own linked PayPal account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
gamedev-1 avatar image gamedev-1 commented ·

Came for the same issue, suddenly all paypal txs fail and I get "Failed by payment provider".

0 Likes 0 ·
gamedev-1 avatar image gamedev-1 commented ·

exact dame date that my txs stopped going through, 16/10. So something is not working on a lower layer. Lets hope it fixes soon :)

0 Likes 0 ·
gamedev-1 avatar image
gamedev-1 answered

Holidays coming, any chance we get the fix? its been more than 1.5 month now

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul commented ·

Hi Alexander Paul,

I received an update from our engineering team. The team is working on the new integration with PayPal. Once this goes live, we will ask customers to make updates to their PayPal accounts and we will make sure the documentation is updated. Currently we don’t have ETA on this, but I will inform you once this change goes live.

Thats what I received recently in my support ticket. So I don't think its going to be fixed this year. Seems like the have to change the whole thing or renew it...

1 Like 1 ·
gamedev-1 avatar image gamedev-1 Alexander Paul commented ·

Ok thank you, that is so sad with holidays coming

0 Likes 0 ·
nobloat avatar image
nobloat answered

Also affected by this issue. My PayPal integration was previously working, but now returns the same error as OP with no changes to code or configuration on my end.

10 |1200

simplestar game avatar image
simplestar game answered

Today (December 9, 2021) we can pay with PayPal! Thank you for the fix! (We changed no settings.)

10 |1200

gamedev-1 avatar image
gamedev-1 answered

Is there the issue again? doesn't seem to be able to execute paypal payments

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.