question

Alexander Paul avatar image
Alexander Paul asked

playfab not authorized to perform action on given paypal account although it was working fine and I have not changed anything

We use the paypal add-on and everything was working. Already tried purchases etc. I did not make any changes to it and now i get the error "playfab not authorized to perform action on given paypal account".

I even tried to remove the playfab api in my paypal account and added it again - still not working. Since Paypal obviously gives playfab the permission, is there any bug on your side?

Please help asap. thanks

apis
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

simplestar game avatar image simplestar game commented ·

Same situation here. I was able to use the service until 10/16, but today I found that I cannot proceed to PayPal payment.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul simplestar game commented ·

Hi there. Thanks for the info and "great" to hear. I have just contacted paypal and I am waiting for their response but I cant really imagine that its an issue on paypal's end. It's the worst timing but I hope it gets resolved quickly since everything was working fine like on your end

0 Likes 0 ·
simplestar game avatar image simplestar game Alexander Paul commented ·

I called the PayPal support center today. They confirmed that no history was created to my own linked PayPal account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
gamedev-1 avatar image gamedev-1 commented ·

Came for the same issue, suddenly all paypal txs fail and I get "Failed by payment provider".

0 Likes 0 ·

exact dame date that my txs stopped going through, 16/10. So something is not working on a lower layer. Lets hope it fixes soon :)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We have identified the issue with PayPal payment processing and are working on a solution. We'll post an update here as soon as we have more info we can share on this.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 month issue and holidays incoming. Dont keep us in the shadows please let us know when this will be fixed

2 Likes 2 ·
Peter Shannon avatar image Peter Shannon commented ·

Any update? Just still losing ~$100 a day from the issue, very urgent for my business. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

For this issue, I would suggest you contacting the PayPal support for help.

As to required permissions, the only thing we should need is "Use Express Checkout to process payments."

PayPal instructions from our Add-ons page:

Create your Express Checkout account with PayPal by visiting their signup page. Once you have an account, install this add-on, and enter your merchant ID or email address below. You will now be able to process real-money payments through PlayFab using PayPal.

Next, set up the third-party permissions in PayPal so that we can act on your behalf.

You can refer to this similar thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/21686/how-to-resolve-the-playfab-not-authorized-to-perfo.html

18 comments
10 |1200

Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul commented ·

As already mentioned. It worked and I changed nothing. So everything is set up correctly and on my paypal account I can see that you got the permission. I even deleted it and created it again. On both ends - Game Manager and Paypal and still its not working.

I will contact Paypal but I am pretty sure they will tell me that according to my account everything is set up as I needs to be. So are you 100% sure its nothing on your end, because there is somebody else with the same issue.

We want to launch or title upcoming Thursday! If thats not working we cant do that. I just changed my plan to the 99 per month but I cant create a support ticket yet. I hope this gets resolved asap.

1 Like 1 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Alexander Paul commented ·

Currently I cannot find any relevant incident about this issue on our side. I have reported this issue to the corresponding team, and will inform you if there is any update. Your patience is appreciated. In the mean time, could you provide your title ids for us to diagnose? @Alexander Paul @simplestar game @gamedev-1

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the update. Title ID 75319

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

I have good news. Here the reply from paypal:

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for contacting Merchant Technical Support.

I understand that you do not see PayPal transactions succeeding at this time; sorry to hear that this is happening. I reviewed the API logs between PlayFab and PayPal, and can confirm that the most recent DoExpressCheckoutPayment API call failed with error 10419. 10419 is not due to a technical issue within PayPal. Rather, per the information at:
https://www.paypal.com/lc/smarthelp/article/why-did-i-get-api-error-code-10419-ts2024

... PlayFab will need to obtain and provide a PayerID value in the respective DoExpressCheckoutPayment API call that they send to PayPal. Please contact PlayFab for next steps in resolving the matter. Please also refer to the log file below my signature for further reference.

Thank you,
Richard
Merchant Technical Services

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul Alexander Paul commented ·

Timestamp Oct 14, 2021 07:43:54 PDT (1634222634)

DoExpressCheckoutPayment Request

token "EC-80835319EF107313S"
paymentaction "Sale"
returnfmfdetails "0"
method "DoExpressCheckoutPayment"
version "2.0"
currencycode "USD"
amt "14.99"
itemamt ""

Timestamp Oct 14, 2021 07:43:55 PDT (1634222635)

DoExpressCheckoutPayment Response

timestamp "2021-10-14T14:43:54Z"
correlationid "39ca950d819b1"
ack "Failure"
version "2.0"
build "56076245"
errorcode 10419 10406
shortmessage "Express Checkout PayerID is missing." "Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details."
longmessage "Express Checkout PayerID is missing." "The PayerID value is invalid."

severitycode "Error" "Error"

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the information, the team has acknowledged the incident. I will keep this post updated when there is progress on resolving the incident. Your patience is appreciated.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Hi @Alexander Paul,

Here is an update from our engineering team.

We expect the game to be following the process outlined here.

Non-Receipt Payment Processing - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

The first call is to StartPurchase and the second is to PayForPurchase. In the second call, a PurchaseConfirmationPageURL is returned. It is our expectation that you navigate to a PayPal page using that URL to complete the transaction. If you fail to do so, we will not have the "payerId" in our system when you attempt to call the ConfirmPurchase API.

In the failure case we observed, we believe the transaction is neither being complete nor canceled through PayPal.

Can you please check if that is your case? Could you describe the detail procedure and the point when the issue happened?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

@Rick Chen Ok now even my patience is gone. I am paying the 99 per month now and going to open a support ticket as well, because this is obviously going nowhere. Also I am going to refer to this post here and ask why the hell you guys are still asking about details when you already got so much info about it. I believe the information I have provided should be more than enough to fix the issue OR contact PayPal yourself since you are offering their integration.

Reading the statement "According to our engineering team, a vast majority of customers using this integration are not affected and we haven't seen a significant change in the error rate for weeks. Currently, they suspect it has something to do with the customer integration." is absolutely ridiculous since all of us are telling you that NOTHING has been changed on our side and it's not working anymore. Maybe it has to do with an update and not everyone updated to this specific version. But honestly I can't imagine this being such a big deal with the information you got. You got provided with a specific date from several users so check what happened there.

Anyway, this has to be fixed now! It's certainly not an integration issue!

2 Likes 2 ·
Show more comments
Alexander Paul answered

Hi. Any progress at least or a rough ETA? Our beta launch was planned for today but that has been postponed due to the bug. Any update would be very helpful to plan our next steps. Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Apologize for the inconvenience. Currently there is still no update or ETA yet. But I have informed the team about your concern. Your patience is appreciated. Thank you for your understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Snowden avatar image
Ben Snowden answered

Joining this thread, having similar issues, coming from
Paypal not auth

10 |1200

Ben Snowden avatar image
Ben Snowden answered

Any Updates here?

6 comments
10 |1200

Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden commented ·

Here is a screen shot of some more

0 Likes 0 ·
error2.png (9.9 KiB)
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Could you provide your title ID for us to diagnose?

0 Likes 0 ·
gamedev-1 avatar image gamedev-1 Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Rick we all have the same issue suddenly, this was working find, can we raise it as urgent please?

1 Like 1 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ gamedev-1 commented ·

Hi @gamedev-1,

Sorry for the inconvenience. According to our engineering team, a vast majority of customers using this integration are not affected and we haven't seen a significant change in the error rate for weeks. Currently, they suspect it has something to do with the customer integration.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Title ID: 4AB5D

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Shannon avatar image
Peter Shannon answered

Not working for me as well. Payments in my app have been completely blocked by this issue. Have been using Playfab / PayPal Express Checkout for two years with no issue. This issue came up at exactly the same time as others with no changes or updates to my app.

Please, please, please fix this as soon as possible.

10 |1200

Peter Shannon avatar image
Peter Shannon answered

@Alexander Paul

Alexander, thank you for pushing hard on this issue and opening the Support Ticket.

If you think it would be necessary, I could also potentially to the higher support tier and open a support ticket.

Could you please keep us updated on this thread if possible?

Thank you!

6 comments
10 |1200

Hi Peter. thanks and np!

No I think now it became clear enough and it would not be worth it feel.

I already got a response from the ticket as well. Basically saying this:

There are also many other users on the forum report this issue. You have contacted PayPal and provided detail information about this issue on the forum. You have changed nothing but since one day this issue happened.

Apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that this has been an urgent issue. This issue has already been reported to our engineering team.

Now I have informed the team that this issue has affected many customers and the customers did not change anything when the issue happened therefore the cause is not likely to be the customer integration. I have also addressed the urgency of this issue to the team.

I keep you updated in case I know something which was not shared yet.

2 Likes 2 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul Alexander Paul commented ·

Hey guys, just received an update saying that they have identified an issue on PlayFab’s side and they are currently working on a fix. Unfortunately, this could take several weeks... :(

1 Like 1 ·
Peter Shannon avatar image Peter Shannon Alexander Paul commented ·

Thanks very much for the reply - much appreciated!! Hoping it gets fixed the next 24 hours.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden Alexander Paul commented ·

Thank you for the update!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Peter Shannon avatar image Peter Shannon commented ·

Thanks for the update - that's very unfortunate to hear. It's very hard to understand how this problem isn't being treated more urgently. I'm looking for any way to switch off of PlayFab services.

0 Likes 0 ·
gamedev-1 avatar image
gamedev-1 answered

Guys why the 1 month delay on something SO critical that used to work just fine?

10 |1200

Alexander Paul answered

Hi there, if anyone is interested in an alternative solution until it gets fixed let me know. We found a good solution with our website, offering the items there with redeem codes. We found another third party which auto distributes the coupons you can generate through playfab. They offer stripe, paypal etc and you can easy implemented into your website. cheers

2 comments
10 |1200

Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden commented ·

I would love to hear it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul Ben Snowden commented ·

Hi there. Sry have been busy with the launch. We use SendOwl. It's one month trial and if this takes longer its 15 dollar a month I think. There you can create products like your In-game items and add license keys to it. So you can create x amount of coupons with playfab and upload them to the respective product. Then you can just create a page on your website with images of the product and a buy button and add the direct link from the respective product form sendOwl.

https://www.sendowl.com/

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Paul answered

Hi there, does it even get fixed at all this year?! @Brendan

3 comments
10 |1200

Darren Thomas Lodwick avatar image Darren Thomas Lodwick commented ·

Also checking here regularly. Using PayPal with the in-game store was basically my go-to for shipping and now that it's completely failing, I'm high and dry.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexander Paul avatar image Alexander Paul Darren Thomas Lodwick commented ·

Have you seen my post above with an alternative solution. That may help you. We just use paypal so we had to find a solution. We are now selling it via our website and redeem codes which is working fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
simplestar game avatar image simplestar game commented ·

This is a serious bug. So I'm here to find updates every day. Thanks for your supportive comments.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.