question

Zachary Smith avatar image
Zachary Smith asked

Getuserdata not replicating properly in ue4

Whenever I get user data it for a character skin, for example, it shows the my character for every player instead of their individual characters.

unreal
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zachary Smith avatar image Zachary Smith commented ·

For more information, I use blueprints in ue4.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

What do you mean ‘my character’? Is it part of ‘individual characters’? If so, I would suggest you to test API GetUserData with Postman to see if the return data is correct. Here is the Postman Quickstart.

If that is another value in User Data, please check the request of GetUserData and make sure you are requesting the correct data.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zachary Smith avatar image Zachary Smith commented ·

I have different skins for characters that are stored in their player data. The server can correctly retrieve the player's skin, but the client only replicates their own skin and can't see anyone else's skin.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Zachary Smith commented ·

Player Data (Title) has 3 different types of data, they are Player Data, Read Only Data and Internal Data. In terms of the difference among them, please refer to Player Data(Title).

To get data stored in the Player Data, you could use API GetUserData and set the parameter ‘PlayFabId’ to a specific player’s PlayFabId. But it is important to note that each key in Player Data has a permission. If you want to get other player’s data, you should set the permission to “Public”.

0 Likes 0 ·
permission.png (10.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.