question

Matt avatar image
Matt asked

How can I implement MarioMaker-style level sharing?

Hiya folks,

So my game is currently built in a way that any level I make, as the developer, is zipped up into a nice, tidy string. I'm thinking about adding a feature to the game that will allow players create their own levels and share them amongst each other, very similar to the Mario Maker works.

1. Players could create a level and save that string to their account (UserData?)

2. Players can browse other players' levels, play them, and vote on them

I have no idea how to approach this, especially since my game is built upon the API prior to Entities.

Thanks!

-Matt

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The scenario you describe is User Generated Content feature, which is new feature that PlayFab has recently released.

Please navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Commerce] -> [Catalog(Preview)] to configure. For more details, please refer to the blog where you can find official document and explanations about this feature -- Announcing Azure PlayFab User Generated Content (Public Preview).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt avatar image Matt commented ·

Ah, I never got an e-mail telling me there was a reply, glad I logged in to check. Thanks for the information, I'll check that out!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.