question

Matt avatar image
Matt asked

How to analyze all players' UserData values

Hey folks,

If I wanted to go through and see how many players performed some specific action, or own some number of items, whatever it may be...how can I do that if I store everything within the UserData? I'm specifically asking about UserData. I understand I could check purchases, for instance, outside of that...but I have lots of data that is specific to the game stored in UserData and wondering how I could analyze players' actions and see what they are doing in my game.

Thanks!

-Matt

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Currently there is no such feature to analyze all players’ UserData and there is no API to retrieve or update all players’ UserData at once. A workaround is that when updating a player data, you also call the WriteTelemetryEvents API to record that action in the event history, or if you update the player data through CloudScript, you can set the “GeneratePlayStreamEvent” to true and put the UserData in the event, such that you can analyze the players’ UserData on DataExplorer.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt avatar image Matt commented ·

Sorry, I never got an e-mail telling me there was a reply, glad I checked in.

I see, that doesn't quite get me what I want, but I appreciate the info. What I'd really love is the ability to loop through each player, create a string comprised of some data, and append that to a growing string list I can then, idk...e-mail to myself I suppose.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.