question

Alo Chatterjee avatar image
Alo Chatterjee asked

Can Data Explorer show which players are calling the most Profile Writes and how many?

We are getting a very high number of profile writes and I would like to understand what is the distribution across players(to begin with), regions etc.

I am guessing this should be possible using the basic view of the Data Explorer but I am not able to figure out how to structure the query.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For clarification, there is no built-in method can help you find out which region’s players called the most “Profile Writes” APIs. The Data Explorer is designed to query and analyze the PlayFab events. It can’t be used to query the API usage directly. You need to estimate the API usage of each player based on the corresponding events. As this documentation – Profile Writes said, many APIs will cause the Profile writes meter to increment. Some of these APIs doesn’t have the corresponding built-in events. It means, if you want to count the API usages of every region by counting Events in the Data Explorer, you need to write many custom events and do the complex analysis using KQL query languages.

Please note, the PlayFab Events and PlayFab Insights will also be billed, you can check this section – Events and Insights for more details. Therefore, using the Data Explorer to analyze the API usage of each region will increase the billing. To check every region’s API usage using fewer costs, one workaround is to set up the separate title for each region. So that you can review the API usage of each region through checking the title’s Daily API Usage Details report.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.