question

Julian avatar image
Julian asked

Playfab Plugin for Unreal Engine Freezes HTML5 Game

Hello, I am really in need of help.

So I am currently working on a game that needs to be playable on a webpage, (preferably HTML5)
therefor I am having to use Unreal Engine 4.23 as it was the last version that supported
packaging for HTML5.

Azure will be the service my client uses, and thankfully the Playfab plugin for Unreal supports this older version.

So I have been learning lately and everything has been going great, except I have now discovered that when packaged as a shipping build for HTML5,
the game freezes the moment a Playfab blueprint node is reached and executed.
This includes even just setting a JSON Object variable with the "construct json object" node.

It works perfectly fine when packaged for windows and in the editor itself, but not when testing on a webpage :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am quite stuck.

unreal
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Is there any error message returned by your game? If there is, could you please provide the detailed error for our reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
Julian avatar image Julian Sarah Zhang commented ·

I'm afraid not. Or at least, I don't know what I could do to discover the error.

Since the issue only happens once the game is running on a webpage, I'm not sure if there is any way to see an error log when it freezes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Julian commented ·

Apologies for the delayed response. For the HTML5 game, you can hit the "F12" key to check the console that provided by the browser, so that you can check the output message of the game.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Sarah Zhang commented ·

Thanks for the clarification. We will try to reproduce this behavior.

0 Likes 0 ·
Julian avatar image Julian Sarah Zhang commented ·

You are welcome! Thank you again for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.