question

shpytagleb avatar image
shpytagleb asked

Accounts manipulation logs

One of our users claims that their account have disappeared after they played the game for some time. I indeed didn't find an account with niether username nor email they provided, but I also doubt that somebody from the team manually deleted it. Do you have any logs stored for such actions so we could figure out what happened?

Thank you and kind regards.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

To remove a player from a title, we will use API DeletePlayer or DeleteMasterPlayerAccount. Both API will generate an Event named “player_removed_title” and DeleteMasterPlayerAccount will also generate “title_deleted_master_player” Event. So you can check those events in the Data Explorer to see if someone has called API to delete player.

By the way, the user login email can be changed in the Game Manager and generate “player_updated_login_email” Event, you can check that too.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shpytagleb avatar image shpytagleb commented ·

Yes, indeed, I can see a "player_removed_title" event. Is there any way to know what was the reason? I can see a "SourceType" field which equals to "BackEnd". I found a list of all possible source types but cannot find how to interpret them. Could you explain what's the difference between BackEnd and API and other ones? Is it possible to trace what/who exactly called an event?

Thank you and kind regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao shpytagleb commented ·

If there is only “player_removed_title” but not “title_deleted_master_player”, that means someone called the API DeletePlayer or clicked the “Delete title player” button top right of the Players Page.

The “SourceType” is the type of source of this event and the possible values are Admin, Backend, GameClient, GameServer, Partner, Custom and API. Based on “SourceType” cannot confirm what/who caused this issue.

API DeletePlayer need to be called with Your Secret Key. We cannot trace it. Whoever gets the Secret Key will get all access to your title. We suggest you to keep it safe and give your team members different permissions to prevent this kind of issues. In terms of permissions please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/gamemanager/playfab-user-roles.

You can also check your title’s Audit History, if the player is deleted from Game Manage, you can find the event with whom preformed the action.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.