question

rknoesel avatar image
rknoesel asked

Best way to mass-delete player data?

I want to delete the PLAYER DATA (Title) for all of our players. What's the best way to accomplish this? There are about 50M players for this title.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rknoesel avatar image rknoesel commented ·

Oh I should mention that I already tried doing this using cloud script on a test segment. My test segment had ~2000 players and it took about 100 seconds to complete. At that rate it would take 30 days to do 50M players, which is not realistic.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Using Segment will be a good solution for massive data updates. The total time that costs won’t take 30 days and in the common scenario it will be few hours.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rknoesel avatar image rknoesel commented ·

Hi SethDu, I tried this but when I use the 'All Players' segment (47,637,551 Players) instead of my test segment, the task is stuck in 'starting' for about 3.5 hours, then immediately goes to 'completed', and shows '0 Players affected'. Here is an example of the resulting task instance details:

"StartedAt": "2021-10-16T03:28:02.5722441",
    "CompletedAt": "2021-10-16T07:06:15.7031155",
    "Status": "Succeeded",
    "PercentComplete": null,
    "EstimatedSecondsRemaining": null,
    "ErrorMessage": null,
    "ErrorWasFatal": null,
    "TotalPlayersInSegment": 0,
    "TotalPlayersProcessed": 0

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ rknoesel commented ·

This is a known issue. The size of that segment of players you were trying to delete was too large and therefore exceeded the allowed size. A workaround for you would be splitting the players into multiple smaller segments and run Schedule Tasks with those.

0 Likes 0 ·
rknoesel avatar image rknoesel JayZuo ♦ commented ·

What's the threshold that makes the segment too large? It will save me a few hours if I don't need to figure it out myself, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.