question

Lilian Gadeau avatar image
Lilian Gadeau asked

Many player nickname was changed to "Uninitialized",Many users nickname was changed to "Uninitialized"

Many of our players nickname were changed to "Uninitialized".

I made sure that there is nowhere in our code where we set this data.

Everything I found so far talks about either connection issues or 2 players trying to have the same nicknames

Is there somewhere in PlayFab code where the nickname is set to "Uninitialized"?

Many of our user's nickname was changed to "Uninitialized".

There is no place in our code that sets the value like that.

The information I found talks either about connection issues or 2 players trying to use the same nickname.
Is there somewhere in PlayFab code where the nickname of a user is set to "Uninitialized"?

Player Data
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I have your title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lilian Gadeau avatar image Lilian Gadeau Seth Du ♦ commented ·

it's : C845

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I don’t think it is caused by PlayFab. If not updated, Player will keep blank in Display Name field. While, I have also checked your title, there are “player_displayname_changed“ events generated, whose playloads contain the new displayname and it is “Uninitialized” with random number. It is possible that your client fills the error code into the request of UpdateUserTitleDisplayName API call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.