question

aniket-shinde avatar image
aniket-shinde asked

How to onboard data?

Hello, PlayFab team. I am looking to onboard data in form of xuids, puids and players' email addresses. I have a demo game title for the same. How can I onboard my data? My data is of a csv file.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aniket-shinde avatar image aniket-shinde commented ·

I will make calls to Jarvis for getting email and subsequent calls to CPM for getting opt-in opt-outs. Then I want to send opt-in/opt-out mails to the players. How can we achieve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
aniket-shinde avatar image aniket-shinde commented ·

I have some PUIDs from whom I will make API Calls to jarvis and retrieve email ids. Following that, we would make call to CPM for getting opt-in/opt-outs and update the same. Tehn I want to send mails/push notifs based on the same

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang aniket-shinde commented ·

For clarification, we don't support importing the player accounts from the external database to PlayFab. We would suggest you only migrate the title configuration in batches, and let players register the accounts and add the emails by themselves.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you mean you want to import the external player account profiles, including xuid, puid and emails to PlayFab? If so, for clarification, we don’t support importing the player accounts. For your case, the players need to have their own PlayFab player accounts, then you can link the external Ids and add the contact emails for them. If the xuid and the puid belong to the third-party platform you need to use the API, such as LinkXboxAccount to link the third-party accounts. If you want to set the emails addresses as the players’ PlayFab contact emails, you need to let players call the client API AddOrUpdateContactEmail. If you only want to store these on Playfab for players to view, You can consider storing them as the Read-Only Player Data using the API UpdateUserReadOnlyData. Please check the documentation - Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to learn more about PlayFab User Data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.