question

Juan Felipe Medrano avatar image
Juan Felipe Medrano asked

Prevent use of fake or wrong emails when registering user

I just discovered that I can use any gibberish email to create an account, even if the mail doesn't exist for example: (check image attached)

I know you can verify users using contact email addresses. but this doesn't prevent a player from spamming random accounts or a player using the wrong email and having to contact support to change it. Is there no way to check if an email exists before registering the user? If not, is there at least a way to add the login email once the contact email address has been verified?

apisAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

That is not supported. Creating PlayFab accounts with email is only available for client side. Either you allow the user to use any email they want for contact/login email or you can disable the relevant APIs such that no user can create account with email.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.