question

Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose asked

Character Bundle

I created a bundle that had items that are set to grant characters. "Is a token for character creation".

The bundle just placed these items into the players inventory. I then realized i probably need to make these items be consumable based on time not count.

I changed the items to 3 seconds.

I added the bundle, i see the items briefly and then they disappear.

But the characters are not being added to the player.

I tried increasing the time just incase.

Is that not how these character token items are supposed to work? Must they be manually granted?

Does the consumable state not apply the item when it times out?

I can work around it with cloudscript and granting the characters. But i was hoping that on new player creation i could just grant a new player bundel. That would then grant the default characters.

This allows it to be managed from the dashboard.

I suppose i could have more cloud code to then request the inventory and grant them but just seems like this would be automated.

Thanks

Characters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Characters must be manually granted. An item with option "Is a token for character creation" is an identifier for the client to grant a character to player with API GrantCharacterToUser.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.