question

Ashley Godbold avatar image
Ashley Godbold asked

"Email address unavailable" - deleted the title player, now can't delete the master player

I created a registered user with an email, but my "title player" was deleted.

Now I am unable to re-register with that email, because it says that my email is already used.

I know this is because there is still a "master player" attached to that email floating around somewhere, but how do I find information about that master player now that the title player has been deleted? I'd like to delete the master player so I can use this email again.

It seems all the APIs related to accessing this data require the PlayFabID, which I do not have--b/c I can't find any information about the master player.

Player DataAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If this player is deleted within the Data explorer retention of 30 days, you can search for "Player removed title" events, which contains player ID in the payload.

Otherwise, if you don’t remember the password, you may need to call API SendAccountRecoveryEmail to reset the password so that you can log into again to create a title player account.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott Browne avatar image
Scott Browne answered

Having this same issue, you can find the player ID as you suggest, but it doesn't link. It just sends you back to ther query page while showing you the total of users. The total users does include the hidden users too. Put an undo button in here or something this is terrible.

Just found this issue, what a pain!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.