question

Esa Salminen avatar image
Esa Salminen asked

InApp item id for multiple stores?

If I'll have same game for multiple stores then how to setup in app item id for these? I have same in app purchase with different stores with different id like google_play_item1 and apple_store_item1.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If the question is, how to set up items in the PlayFab catalog so that they match the items in the Google Play and iTunes stores, the answer is that the PlayFab catalog's Item ID needs to match the Product ID in the Google Play and iTunes stores - that's how we match them up, so that we can give the player the correct items. There's no need to make them separate in the PlayFab catalog (google_play... vs apple_store...).

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

info-2 avatar image info-2 commented ·

To add to that (very old) question and to clarify: if I have the same product on Google Play and on iTunes Connect - let's say on Google Play its ItemId is 'no_ads', but on iTunes Connect this product has the identifier 'no_ads_v2' (because of testing and I had to create a new identifier so 'no_ads' is disabled & blocked now).

PlayFab's receipt validation requires that the ItemId in PlayFab matches the identifier in the App Stores. So in this case, do I actually have to duplicate 'no_ads' in the PlayFab catalog and rename the copy to 'no_ads_v2', in addition to creating a new store for both Google Play (only containing product 'no_ads') and iTunes Connect (only containing product 'no_ads_v2') - which would double the effort on sales and description adjustments?

I could not seem to find a 'platform override' or way to assign multiple ItemIds to one product in the catalog, without duplicating stores, which is basically what I'm after.

Thank you for any hint!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan info-2 commented ·

Yes, the only way to have a secure receipt validation system is to use the Product ID from the receipt itself to find the item in the PlayFab catalog. So if you've got different IDs in the two services, you'll have to have two different ItemId values in the PlayFab catalog for them. However, these would not necessarily be in different stores - you should be putting both items in your primary catalog.

1 Like 1 ·
info-2 avatar image info-2 brendan commented ·

That instant reply was very much appreciated :)
Both items in the primary catalog makes sense, although I would still need to maintain two different stores for being able to run special sales in them separately, where I can also just put the correct ItemId in the respective store along with that. Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
dragonfoundry avatar image dragonfoundry commented ·

If you're using Unity Purchasing, there's a workaround - you can define the store-specific item Id for each of Google Play and the iOS App Store in your Unity Purchasing setup, and it magically solves the issue (we set up some purchases as Durable by accident, so we ran into this issue).

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan avatar image ryan dragonfoundry commented ·

@dragonfoundry can you elaborate how Unity would unify the the two different platform item Ids to a single id that would get sent back to PF for receipt validation? I get that Unity can unify them to one product, but not understanding the connection to playfab. As I see it, I would still need to items in the catalog that correspond to the platform-specific ids?

0 Likes 0 ·
dragonfoundry avatar image dragonfoundry ryan commented ·

Hmm. Looking back on old economy exports, looks like we did have separate objects in PlayFab for each store (which were bundles that contained the core object). So I'm guessing I tried this in the past, and it didn't work - our setup's different now, so we don't end up worrying about that any more.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.