question

MerryChristmas avatar image
MerryChristmas asked

Is there something like Title Data but can be updated immediately?

I want to do this thing:

Store a lot of cdkeys on playfab, when a player input a cdkey, my game will call a function in cloud script (through ExecuteCloudscript) to check if the cdkey is valid or used (Access), if the input cdkey is valid and unused, then it will be marked as used (Update), and when the other player input the same cdkey, the cloud script will return message to tell my game that it is an used cdkey (No lag).

I know the Title Data can be retrieved by all players, but it cannot be updated immediately. So I wonder is there a way to do this thing?

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You may need to implement an external database like Redis, to maintain this key library. Concurrent multiple reads/writes will require queued updates to the database, PlayFab Title Data doesn’t support it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MerryChristmas avatar image MerryChristmas commented ·

thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.