question

Juan Felipe Medrano avatar image
Juan Felipe Medrano asked

Email SMPT mail send is not working.

Hello, I've been trying to use a rule to verify my user's emails before they can log in. I followed the documentation on setting up everything from the email template to the code in Unity.

The problem is that when I call the AddOrUpdateContactEmail, the contact email is updated but I don't receive any emails and nothing appears on the play stream.

I set the STMP to use smtp.gmail.com with code 587 and verified the info in the account used was correct.

I have also seen this post but it doesn't seem to provide an answer.

apisAccount ManagementPartner Add-onsPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I have your title ID? Please note that the password in the add-on page is not Google login password, and you need to create one separately as App Password because 2FA is not supported when configuring SMTP server.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Juan Felipe Medrano avatar image Juan Felipe Medrano commented ·

I've updated my password and the play stream seems to work now. I'm new to this so I didn't notice. thanks for the tip! maybe it should be included in the documentation referenced before.

1 Like 1 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com Juan Felipe Medrano commented ·

I agree with this. It needs to be documented what the password is meant to be. Or in the documentation examples it should say how to go about setting a password

0 Likes 0 ·
Juan Felipe Medrano avatar image Juan Felipe Medrano commented ·

ok! my title id is 231EE.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.