question

subbakerlo avatar image
subbakerlo asked

Sending Prizes to Characters after reset of Leaderboard

Hi,

I am working on implementing Leaderboards on character level. First of all, characters do not appear in the leaderboard when opened in the web backend (I understood this works as designed). Complicating things, but fair enough.

I prepared a prize table for that leaderboard, which should call a Cloud Script handling the actual granting of prizes and some other stuff. Unfortunately, the leaderboard is resetted but the Cloud Script is never called. In addition, there is no event in the Playstream indicating that characters were ranked.

Is that the intended behavior? If yes, how are leaderboards for characters of any use if the basics are not working for them? Is there a potential workaround to grant prizes for characters based on leaderboards?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best

Leaderboards and StatisticsCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The current Prize Table doesn’t support character leaderboard. You may need workaround to handle this requirement. I am not sure how many characters does a player can have, but the recommended workaround is to have an external server and get characters leaderboard Regularly to give out rewards and reset the value.

Another workaround is complicated and may require queued Azure Function if players can have many characters (runtime may be long). You can add one tag for players when they update character’s statistics (only for filtering inactive players), so that those players will be in the same segment. Run a Cloud Script/Azure Function for each player in this segment via Scheduled Task to grant prize and reset value.

Please feel free to send a thread on the Feature Requests forum -- https://community.playfab.com/spaces/24/index.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.