question

4nton1ind avatar image
4nton1ind asked

UE4 GetContentDownloadUrl issue,UE4, GetContentDownloadUrl and subsequent HTTP GET

Hi!

"GetContentDownloadUrl", "A subsequent HTTP GET to the returned URL will attempt to download the content."

Where I downloaded the UE plugin it says that it includes models, methods and an HTTP wrapper for sending and receiving web requests.
I can not find any exposed method in blueprint to send an HTTP request to get the file. Is this something that exsists?

Hi!

"GetContentDownloadUrl", "A subsequent HTTP GET to the returned URL will attempt to download the content."

Where I downloaded the UE plugin it says that it includes models, methods and an HTTP wrapper for sending and receiving web requests.
I can not find any exposed method in blueprint to send an HTTP request to get the file. Is this something that exsists?

sdksContent
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, once you move outside the core online subsystem integration, that engine does require a bit of extra work. You'd need to either have a plugin that allows you to retrieve the file from the URL, or use a mixed-mode project (Blueprints with C++), so that you have more options. There are a number of good plugins available via the Unreal community, but I'm not aware of one which can download an arbitrary file from S3. But that said, the forums are all about community, so if anyone else is aware of a Blueprints plugin that does this out-of-the-box, please feel free to post it here.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4nton1ind avatar image 4nton1ind commented ·

I see! I'll look into using the "LE Http Request" or "VaRest" plugins. Since I mainly need images though I think the bp node "DownloadImage" will work, it takes a URL.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.