question

Viachaslau avatar image
Viachaslau asked

How to implement player requests handler on server based on PlayFab (not legacy)?

I have successfully wrapped my old server with GSDK. Now I want to write server and client from scratch with using just PlayFab high level calls (with no any sockets work). I need some examples og sending and handling clients requests. Thank you.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Viachaslau avatar image Viachaslau commented ·

I am particularly interested in how to register event like OnPlayerAdded on C++ server? And other events - like PlayerLeft, PlayerSentRequest

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask what does it mean by PlayFab high level calls? PlayFab doesn't provide any network API that can help clients connect to the server instance. You have to define sockets or HTTP listener so that clients can communicate with the server build.

In terms of C++ please refer to gsdk/cpp at master PlayFab/gsdk (github.com).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Viachaslau avatar image Viachaslau commented ·

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know! I should to implement network part by myself.

So PlayFab can be used for matchmaking, session creations and storing player profiles? Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Viachaslau commented ·

>>PlayFab can be used for matchmaking, session creations and storing player profiles.

Yes. I believe you are on the right track. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other qeustions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.