I've been poking around the forum for answers, but I thought that it might be easiest to lay out some high level requirements and get answers to the questions:
- What would be the best approach to fulfill these requirements?
- Can PlayFab support these requirements, or are they too taxing?
- Are there any plugins/addons (Azure or otherwise) which could make this feasible
Brendan's answer 4B seemed to be the best relevant match I could find in the forums so far:
Not sure if the 1000 Byte player entity object data size limit is a "demo-only" constraint (is it more for paying accounts?), or if it applies to each object vs all objects totalled. If it's totalled across all objects for a given player, that could be a pretty tricky constraint.
Anyhoo, here is the high level jist of it:
- City builder
- Each player has N maps/levels. These are proc-genned, so not just canned entities that are linked to player profiles
- Individual buildings on each map have timers (need to track timestamps) for when their construction is complete, and for actions that can be taken on each building (recruit, farm, etc).
- In a session, a player could view their city, and for each building that is READY (N), trigger an action which may change resource totals and set a new READY timestamp