question

Zachary Sheppard avatar image
Zachary Sheppard asked

What is the max number of chat users that can be in a single room for voice and text?

I am analyzing Playfab as a potential backend for my upcoming virtual experience. By it's design, we want as many people to be able to communicate as possible. We avoided Playfab in the past based on the idea that there was a limit of 1000 users in a room for chat. Is this still the case?

I am trying to find documentation on these limitations and am not having any luck today so I decided to reach out directly for assistance

limitsmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Are you using PlayFab Party for multiplayer chat? If so, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/concepts-invitations-security-model, a given PlayFab Party network can have a maximum of 32 players. If you want to know more details, please consult experts on Xbox developer forum.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zachary Sheppard avatar image Zachary Sheppard commented ·

What about the max number of users who can do text based chat? I get that voice has limitations. Do you know how many users can do text based chat in a single room?

0 Likes 0 ·
Zachary Sheppard avatar image Zachary Sheppard commented ·

I want to know the maximum number of users that can be part of a group that receives realtime network data.

I want to be able to stream game data from a single "god" user's instance into every single game instance available and replay some state from this "god" instance in every game instance that is running

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Zachary Sheppard commented ·

Sorry for the late reply.

PlayFab Party is part of Xbox SDK, Any technical question relevant to the details of Xbox development should be discussed in the Xbox’s private forum. Please consult experts on Xbox developer forum.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.