question

subbakerlo avatar image
subbakerlo asked

How can I gift all characters?

Hi,

it's fairly easy to gift every player via a scheduled task and a custom cloud script, but how do I gift every character of all players?

I want to implement a system to give special gifts (e.g. New Years Event) to all characters. I tried using a custom cloud script and iterated through all characters but this exceeds the API request limit of 5.

Is there a proper workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Best

Charactersscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Event triggered Cloud Script Functions have 1 second runtime and 5 API calls limit, which is by design and cannot be increased. If there are specific requirements on this task, you may consider implementing Queued Azure Function, and it can run far longer (up to the Azure limit of 5 minutes). Though there is no end-to-end tutorial showing the implementation of Queued Azure Function, it is similar to HTTP triggered Azure Function , and please also refer to Azure Queue storage trigger for Azure Functions | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.